Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wednesday's, Ugggh

I. Hate. Wednesday's. I love Thursday's because I know Wednesday is behind me. I don't like Sunday's because I know Wednesday is almost here. Tuesday is almost as bad as Wednesday just because I know that the next day is Wednesday.
To begin with Wednesday's are weigh in days. I've lost 32 pounds and am trying to squeak out another 13. My body isn't agreeing with me much. So I weigh in on Wednesday's. Sometimes that's good and others.....well other times it just isn't good.
I work about 20 hours a week outside our home. About 16 of those (3 days) are spent doing books and reception for a local flooring company. I really don't mind the work - except when we are slow and all I can think about is how much I could be doing at home. But then I can blog-hop lurk or Facebook or read a book or whatever so it really isn't a bad job.
On dreaded Wednesday's, I work for the flooring company and then I also clean for a...place. I don't really know what to call it. There are restaurants and shops on the first level, professional businesses on the second level, apartments for levels 3-7 and a parking garage - which freaks me out. Level 3 isn't open to Level 1 and 2 but it is open all the way up to 7 except for the catwalks that lead to the individual apartments. So I basically have to sweep/vacuum and mop the lobbies floors, clean the elevators' stainless steel (inside and ouside and on all levels including parking garage), wash the windows in lobbies, empty trashes and pick up any stray trash in the parking garage. Once a month I have to vacuum 3 flights of stairs from the parking garage to level 1 and from level 3 to 7, sweep and spot mop level 3, dust hand rails on levels 4-7. All in all it takes me 3-4 hours a week to complete. The pay is excellent, but I hate it so much! Granted there are no toilets for me to clean - which is so awesome for me - it's cleaning for someones else that doesn't appreciate it so they continue to throw their pistachio shells on the stairs, their condoms are left behind in the parking garage and their gum is left outside their doors. Seriously? This is where you live. Why not take better care of it.
Once in a while when a tenant moves out, I am asked (and paid extra) to clean the apartment. I now know the reason illness and disease run wild in our country. People live in filth. Again, this is where you live. Can you not be at least a little bit clean? It never ceases to amaze me how gross people are - and then there are those who aren't which is so refreshing.
I clean after school so I take my kids and make them help me, which they hate so I'll keep doing it. I think it's good for kids to do things they don't want to do. They have chores at home, but they don't get paid for that. I do, however, pay them for helping me clean The Village.
But that's life. We don't always get to do what we want. Sometimes, most of the time, we do things we don't want.
So now I'm off to start my dreaded Wednesday. Did I mention that the owners don't run the heater in the winter or the a/c in the summer. After the mop water froze on the lobby floors a couple of times making a slick mess, they do run the heater and a low setting but it's better than nothing. But I get nothing in the summer. Ya, it's a little hot. Hot like the firey depths of hell!
PS The only "good" thing about my Wednesday is that I allow myself to not go to the gym early in the morning because of the crazy day that lies ahead. But then I feel guilty for not going and usually end up going after dinner - which I hate.
Nope Wednesday's just aren't good days for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment